My RSU grant is being taxed during vest. However t...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My RSU grant is being taxed during vest. However the income is added to my W2 but the tax paid is not included there. Am I being taxed twice?

I choose to pay cash over selling to cover taxes but I do not see where this cash ends up on my tax repot.
2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

My RSU grant is being taxed during vest. However the income is added to my W2 but the tax paid is not included there. Am I being taxed twice?

The RSU tax is normally in the W2. If you paid your employer, it should be there. If you chose to write a check to the IRS, then you would add that amount under Other Situations and estimated taxed paid.

If you feel it should be in your W2, contact your human resources department for them to correct your W2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks Amy, 

The tax was paid through the broker and not directly through the company (which is why I expect its not included in the W2). Looking at the tax resources through the broker, I do not see anything about this tax but I can go back through the transactions and add up all the tax that has been collected and manually add it, but this seems odd that the broker does not have some supplement. 

Ill ask our HR department to double check if these are in fact marked on the W2.

Thanks for the help! 

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings