My mother passed without a will and I am the perso...

angelica_m_roger

My mother passed without a will and I am the personal representative of her estate opened via probate. At the time of her passing she had two pieces of real estate. I had to sell one to pay for estate

Carl

Your post is incomplete because you attempted to enter everything in the subject line, and nothing in the message body. Please try again.

Also understand that as the legally appointed/recognized representative of the estate, terminology can be important. For example, "you" can't sell anything that belongs to the estate. Only the estate can sell it. You personally are just the representative or signatory for the estate. The estate must be managed in accordance with the will, or in the absence of a will (as is your case) in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. If things are not done correctly, then you personally are the one who has to answer for that and you personally can expect to be held legally liable for all actions of the estate.

If anything you do violates the will or any laws, then any fines and penalties assessed are assessed to you personally, and not the estate. So please be careful for your own wallet and proceed with extreme caution.

So if the estate sold the property, payment should have been made to the estate, and not to you. Additionally, all monies received should have been deposited to the estate account, and no other.

All debts owed by the estate should also be paid from the estate account.

For all transactions any invoices and receipts should reflect the estate as the payer of any debts, or the recipient of any associated funds.

duplicate post

tagteam