mommymissusomuch

My mother passed and I was over her state had no home only 3,000 in the bank any check deposit in her state $345 do I have to file

I meant to say her estate she did not work she was drawing my father's Social Security

MichaelL1

Due to size of the Estate, she has no Estate Tax filing requirement.

If she did have any income taxes withheld on any income you may want to file a final 1040 to get that money back.

If no taxes were withheld and she was just getting Social Security, then there is no 1040 filing requirement, and you don;t have to do anything on your taxes or hers. 

MichaelL1