ilovebooks313

My job shut down their office in November 2019. How do I claim this on my taxes?

I worked at my office from January 2019-November 2019 before the company closed the office and laid off all staff. I am receiving severance pay, but it will not cover the rest of the year. I did not r

Your W-2 for tax year 2019 will include all of your wages for 2019 plus any severance pay received in 2019.  You enter the W-2 on your tax return as received.  You employer has until January 31, 2020 to provide you the W-2 for 2019.

You don't report or claim being laid off on your return.  You just report the actual income you got.  They should send you a W2 by Jan 31.  It will probably include the severance pay,  you only report the W2.