ttjb808

My husband and I have been separated for six years and although he lives in our house I still own half of it. Should I add property taxes, 1098 etc to my 1040 even if I don't pay them?

If he is living there and claiming those deductions and you claim them as well, that is a good recipe for some unwanted attention from the IRS.  Between the two of you, you cannot claim more than 100% of any deduction.  If you can have a conversation, you should clarify what itemized deductions he is using on his own tax return.  Assuming you are filing married filing separately, if one spouse itemizes the other must also itemize.  But there is no "double dipping" allowed.