ssherman

My FT employer pays part of my medical premiums & I pay part. When entering business expenses for consulting work, can I include my part of health insurance premiums?

DawnC0

No.  If it was through an employer using payroll deductions, that is usually pre-tax money and would not be deductible anywhere on your tax return.  Additionally, if you are covered at any time by an employer plan (even if it is not your employer), you cannot deduct self-employed health insurance premiums for the months you are covered by the employer plan.

If the insurance was paid with after-tax money and it wasn't through an employer plan and your business has a profit, then you could include the premiums as part of your business expenses.