marissamarxen

My ER reimbursed me for my mileage at $0.56 per mile, but Box 12 in my W-2, it does not list this (only shows D & DD & no code L). Can I deduct the mileage/depreciation?

My ER reimbursed me for my mileage at $0.56 per mile, but Box 12 in my W-2, it does not list this (only shows D & DD & no code L to indicate that such reimbursements were excluded from my wages). Given the lack of Code L, can I deduce my mileage/depreciation?

LeeM

No, although it is not listed on your W-2, you employer has already accounted for it. 

Those mileage reimbursement should not have been included in your income and since you were not taxed on them, then you can not deduct them.

LeeM

marissamarxen

Thank you so much!
LeeM

Not a problem. Have a great week!