• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbitangcor

My employer is an international company from canada and turbo tax is asking to correct the state and zip code, what should i put?

My employer is at
VANCOUVER BC V6B -4N5
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM

My employer is an international company from canada and turbo tax is asking to correct the state and zip code, what should i put?

On the W-2 input screen, you have to make sure that you've checked "Other" rather than "US Address" when you're entering your Canadian employer's address.  Then you also need to make sure that "Foreign Address" is checked rather than "APO, FPO, or DPO".  Once you check "Foreign Address" the address boxes change to accommodate the foreign style.  If these boxes aren't checked properly, then TurboTax will be thinking there should be a state & zip code when there isn't one, and you'll get an error.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ThomasM

On the W-2 input screen, you have to make sure that you've checked "Other" rather than "US Address" when you're entering your Canadian employer's address.  Then you also need to make sure that "Foreign Address" is checked rather than "APO, FPO, or DPO".  Once you check "Foreign Address" the address boxes change to accommodate the foreign style.  If these boxes aren't checked properly, then TurboTax will be thinking there should be a state & zip code when there isn't one, and you'll get an error.

jayxelite

The zip code has letters as well as numbers, I’ve updated the country on the w2 repeatedly & it never updates completely 

DoninGA
Level 15

@jayxelite wrote:

The zip code has letters as well as numbers, I’ve updated the country on the w2 repeatedly & it never updates completely 

Have you tried deleting the W-2 completely and then re-enter the W-2 manually?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v