lizball333

My Daughter did not turn 17 until the 18th of June. Since it was over half the year would she qualify for the child tax credit for at least part of the year?

Texas Roger

No the child tax credit is based on the child's age at the end of the tax year. Since she is now 17, she no longer qualifies for the child tax credit. It cannot be prorated. It wasn't prorated in the year she was born. She qualified for the entire credit that year.

Texas Roger

Wesley

To qualify, a child must have been under age 17 – age 16 or younger – at the end of 2016