monday-kris

My child's is dob 12-21-2016 does he qualify for child tax credit

My child was born 12-21-2016 dies he not qualify for child tax credit

AnthonyC

Yes, he does but there is a special rule for children that are born during the year.  If the child lived with you for more than half the time they were alive, then you can select that "this child lived with you all year" in the dependent information section.  If you do not select this option and your child was born more than 6 months into the tax year, then you won't get credit for the dependent on your return.  So, return to your Personal Info tab, and click Edit next to your dependent and verify this information.  

AnthonyC