My 5498-sa for ly shows $1617 in box 2, blank in box 3. My w-2 for ly shows $1945 in box 12a code "w". The $328 difference was put in my HSA ty. Should I care???

The 5498-SA came from your HSA administrator - they should know what was put into your HSA. The W-2, of course, came from your employer. This suggests that your employer thought they sent more money to your HSA than the HSA actually received.

Call your employer first to find out what they actually sent to the HSA, and then contact the HSA and show them what the employer said.

Make sure to ask your employer if any of the $1,945 was actually for 2016 instead of 2017. 

These discrepancies will show up on your form 8889 (form that reports on the HSA) and could confuse the IRS (who might write you a letter about it). If you file in one of three states (California, New Jersey, and Alabama), the discrepancy can make your state return wrong.

It's worth investigating before you file.

This indicates that the $328 is part of your contribution for last year but was not deposited into the HSA until this year.  Expect this year's Form 5498-SA to show $328 in box 3 indicating that $328 of the amount reported in this year's box 2 was for last year.  This has no effect on how you report the code W amount in TurboTax.

[I suggest using absolute year references (2016, 2017 or 2018) rather than relative references (this year, last year).  Relative year references are ambiguous when talking about tax returns.  However, I've used relative references to match those in your question.]