turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

VWguy

My 2018 $2,600 real estate tax payment is not listed or counted. And TurboTax only allows SALT of 9,700--while excluding the r.e. tax. How do I add 300 from the r.e. tax?

I should be getting the 10K max SALT deduction, but TurboTax isn't giving it to me. Our state income tax alone is $9,700. And then I paid $2,600 in r.e. tax, and $175 in car tax. But the "2018 Tax Breakdown" does not list the r.e. tax anywhere, nor does it count it. How do I get credit for $300.00 of that r.e. tax payment, so that I can take the max SALT deduction of 10K? 

(Presently, the only SALT deduction TurboTax gives me is the $9,700 in state income tax paid.)

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

My 2018 $2,600 real estate tax payment is not listed or counted. And TurboTax only allows SALT of 9,700--while excluding the r.e. tax. How do I add 300 from the r.e. tax?

Make sure the the real estate tax was entered. 

Use the search box at the top of the TurboTax screen and search for 'property tax', then use the link to go to that area and check your entries. 

If it was paid through your mortgage, it may have been entered on the same screen as your mortgage interest.

VWguy

Please Respond: the R.E. Tax is listed on same page as mtge. interest, and should put me over allowable 10K SALT max. But 2018 Tax Breakdown includes none of R.E. tax. How do I fix this?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies