t140v

My 1098 mortgage interest statement does not have how much tax I paid what do I do

Turbotax is asking for property taxes paid on my 1098 mortgage interest statement but that is not on there so what do I do 

AnnetteB

Often the property taxes will not be shown in a particular box on your Form 1098, but it may be printed in the “small print” somewhere else on the page.

If you do not find it there, you can either contact your mortgage company to get information about your escrow disbursements or contact your county tax office to determine the amount that you paid in 2017.

AnnetteB