• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jake-m-cullen

Medical bills....So I have like 200k+ in medical bills and I was supposedly covered by Obamacare at the time, but they ended up not paying.can I list the amounts on here?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyT

Medical bills....So I have like 200k+ in medical bills and I was supposedly covered by Obamacare at the time, but they ended up not paying.can I list the amounts on here?

You can claim medical expenses that you paid during 2016 for which you did not receive reimbursement.

Please note that only expenses paid, not expenses incurred, are deductible.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyT

You can claim medical expenses that you paid during 2016 for which you did not receive reimbursement.

Please note that only expenses paid, not expenses incurred, are deductible.

View solution in original post

paul-keimig

All out of pocket medical expenses are deductible (after the percentage of income is deducted). Turbotax will do all the calculations.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v