samuvk

Line 7 of Form 1040 (W-2) when living abroad.

Hello,

So we are living abroad and therefore our companies don´t provide W-2. We filled the 2555-EZ form.

What should we introduce in line 7 of form 1040? Our combine income abroad? If so, in the form stated to attach the W-2. However, we don´t have them (because they are not provided by companies abroad)

Thank you very much

rjs

This TurboTax AnswerXchange forum is run by Intuit, the maker of TurboTax, to help it's customers use TurboTax to prepare their tax returns. When you enter your foreign earned income in TurboTax, the software will put it in the proper place on your tax return.

Here's how to enter foreign earned income in TurboTax.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab.
  • Click Wages & Income.
  • Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
  • On the screen "Your 2017 Income Summary," scroll all the way down to the last section, "Less Common Income."
  • Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion."

When it asks you what form your foreign income was reported on, select "A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash)."

TaxGuyBill

Foreign earned income does still end up on Line 7.
rjs

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the exclusion on line 21.
I revised my answer above to remove the incorrect information.

@samuvk - You do not have to attach Form W-2 if you didn't get one. There are many kinds of income that can be included on line 7 but do not come from a W-2. The IRS understands that. The statement on Form 1040 to "Attach Form(s) W-2" means to attach any W-2 forms that you received. It does not mean that you have to attach a W-2 for all the income on line 7.