It says my mortgage origination date in not valid ...

corinikki83

It says my mortgage origination date in not valid but it is the exact date on my 1098

please help
Carl

Mortgage for what? Your primary residence? Rental property? Some other real estate?

For whatever it is, you need to check the "purchase/acquisiton date" of the property itself. How and where you do that, depends on what this mortgage is for.

It also matters if it's a 1098 for a refi that you're entering, if the refi was in 2019.

Does the 1098 from your lender have a date in box 3?

SteamTrain

...another ALSO:

"Sometimes" You need all 4 digits when you type in  the year.  

06/06/19 may be a no-go format

06/06/2019  is valid for a date entry format .

____________________

In the Online software it seems to vary some....6/6/18  will take as 06/06/2018.......6/6/19 won't

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*