turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yah140

Can i deduct my internet service. Part of my phone bills ? An office in my apartment ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

Can i deduct my internet service. Part of my phone bills ? An office in my apartment ?

It's possible. You may be able to claim these expenses, if you are able to claim the Home Office Deduction. You may qualify for the Home Office Deduction if your office is used regularly and exclusively for your business and is your principal place of business. Without being able to examine your return it’s difficult to tell if you qualify or not. However, when you enter your home office information into TurboTax, the program will determine if you can claim the deduction and how much the deduction is worth. Please see FAQ (click on see entire answer) for more information regarding the Home Office Deduction: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302005

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ModestaL

It's possible. You may be able to claim these expenses, if you are able to claim the Home Office Deduction. You may qualify for the Home Office Deduction if your office is used regularly and exclusively for your business and is your principal place of business. Without being able to examine your return it’s difficult to tell if you qualify or not. However, when you enter your home office information into TurboTax, the program will determine if you can claim the deduction and how much the deduction is worth. Please see FAQ (click on see entire answer) for more information regarding the Home Office Deduction: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302005

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies