turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SAHM

I know to use my US residence for address as my military spouse is overseas. TurboTax is asking where were you stationed. Do I just select Foreign or U.S. Possession?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

I know to use my US residence for address as my military spouse is overseas. TurboTax is asking where were you stationed. Do I just select Foreign or U.S. Possession?

Yes, for the questioned where you were stationed you will choose Foreign or U.S. Possession.

For the question "State of residence (on December 31, 2018)" on the "Your personal info" screen you will enter his Home of record state.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SAHM

It's in the following section:

"Where were you stationed?
Select all the states where you lived in 2018, including states you lived in due to a permanent change of station (PCS)."
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Yes, for the questioned where you were stationed you will choose Foreign or U.S. Possession.

For the question "State of residence (on December 31, 2018)" on the "Your personal info" screen you will enter his Home of record state.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies