turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joaojoana

When i filed state taxes i put the insurance premium without realize that its just for the people who has High deductible. how can i correct this if already Pending?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

When i filed state taxes i put the insurance premium without realize that its just for the people who has High deductible. how can i correct this if already Pending?

It depends.  While the return is in a status of "Pending", you must wait until it is Accepted or Rejected.  If rejected, you will be able to go back in and correct the erroneous entry (along with any other information causing the rejection), and then you may re-submit the return.  However, if it is accepted, you will prepare an amended return once you have determined that the state is issuing the refund as filed (because they may correct this entry on their own).  After the refund has been issued, you may amend the return and pay back that difference to your state's tax board or commission.

If you need an amended return, that feature will be available soon.  Feel free to continue to inquire, and we will provide you with instructions to amend your return successfully.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

It depends.  While the return is in a status of "Pending", you must wait until it is Accepted or Rejected.  If rejected, you will be able to go back in and correct the erroneous entry (along with any other information causing the rejection), and then you may re-submit the return.  However, if it is accepted, you will prepare an amended return once you have determined that the state is issuing the refund as filed (because they may correct this entry on their own).  After the refund has been issued, you may amend the return and pay back that difference to your state's tax board or commission.

If you need an amended return, that feature will be available soon.  Feel free to continue to inquire, and we will provide you with instructions to amend your return successfully.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies