your roofing materials meet the technical efficiency standards for the Nonbusiness Energy Property Credit. The manufacturer will tell you if the shingles qualify. Hopefully you received some information when they were
installed. If not, you can call the company that installed them.
The Congress has passed the Bipartisan
Budget Act of 2018 which has become a law. Included in this is the extension of expired tax extenders for 2017, the
extension of energy efficient tax credits.
Equipment and materials can qualify for
the Nonbusiness Energy Property
Credit only if they meet technical efficiency standards set by the
Department of Energy.
"Qualified energy efficiency improvements," includes the following:
- Home insulation
- Exterior doors
- Exterior windows and skylights
- Certain roofing materials
Here are steps to enter it if you qualify:
These are entered in the Deductions & Credits section:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
- In the search box, search for energy improvements. ...
- Click the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- At the bottom of the Energy-Saving Home Improvements screen, answer Yes and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Still have questions?Make a post