jmatta61

Is there a specific section to check if I am requesting the Recovery Credit for not receiving the $500 stimulus for my 4 child dependents? I had not filed tax return for 3 years previous

Yes.  The first Stimulus Check is really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

I think the second one will be on your tax return also.  They are still working on updating the program for it.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

NCperson

you have to file a 2020 tax return to claim the recovery credit.....there is no other option.