Is there a problem with the tax software when addi...

oliverisaacdavis

Is there a problem with the tax software when adding vehicle mileage to the schedule C of a statutory employee? I drove 10K miles and it wont add the deduction.

Inputted all the data to take standard mileage deduction and it says "looks like you aren't eligible". No other vehicle expenses are added and net income is positive.

As I recall you have to mark the statutory box on the W-2 box 13  and  complete the follow up screens seen here  so they are connected ...  

Screenshot 2021-01-30 144544.PNG.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-30 144653.jpgScreenshot 2021-01-30 144738.jpg

oliverisaacdavis

Thanks for the reply, but I already completed those steps and was entering vehicle mileage information on the schedule C attached to that specific W-2 marked as statutory