Solved: Is the VA Funding Fee on the purchase of a new home tax deductible? If I negotiated a seller credit for closing cost into my loan is that amount tax deductible?

Is the VA Funding Fee on the purchase of a new home tax deductible? If I negotiated a seller credit for closing cost into my loan is that amount tax deductible?

The VA Funding fee is entered as Mortgage Insurance.  The deduction for Mortgage Insurance expired at the end of tax year 2016.  The deduction was not renewed or extended for tax year 2017.