palmbeach24

Is paid volunteerism (I paid to volunteer) tax deductible?

Solved in comments.

You can never deduct the value of your time, paid or unpaid.  And if you receive money for performing a service, it's probably taxable income, even if you are a "paid volunteer", whatever that means.

Can you explain your situation more?
palmbeach24

Thank you for your speedy response! I Paid an NGO money to volunteer for a social enterprise overseas. Part of that money went to accommodation, part of it went to the NGO and also part of it went to the social enterprise I volunteered for. Does that help? I understand that I can't deduct the value of my time, but can I deduct the money I paid that went to the volunteer organization?

Potentially, but the next problem is that you can only deduct charitable contributions to US charities that are registered as exempt with the IRS.  Many charities have US branches, you can look up your NGO here.  Try to find a US address for them.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/exempt-organizations-select-check">https://www.irs.gov/cha...>
palmbeach24

Thank you very much! It's an NGO registered in the UK, and I looks like not. Thank you for your help!

Solved in comments.