Solved: Is a foreign garbage tax ever deductible? I own a home in Italy and I have to pay (by law) the garbage tax even if I don't live there. Is in this case deductible?

Is a foreign garbage tax ever deductible? I own a home in Italy and I have to pay (by law) the garbage tax even if I don't live there. Is in this case deductible?

The garbage tax is a local service tax and is not deductible.

Foreign real property taxes are deductible. However, Treasury Regulations impose an additional requirement - they provide that "real property taxes" (whether U.S. or foreign) must be imposed for the general public welfare, and not for "local benefits."