Solved: IRS1116/.../ForeignGrossIncomeAmt - Data in the re...

IRS1116/.../ForeignGrossIncomeAmt - Data in the return is missing or invalid. Msg Above - Income correctly entered from 1a,1099DIV. Enter QDI eligible foreign income?

Turbo Tax entered gross income on line 1a, form 1116 automatically from 1099DIV downloaded from broker.  Matches value listed as 'foreign income' on broker provided information sheet.

In case it helps: my return was originally rejected with the same error. I submitted it again, and it got accepted on this second attempt.

I did go through Foreign Tax Credit interview again before submitting, as suggested by TurboTax , but didn't make any changes; the PDF forms look exactly the same before and after.

I followed your advice and it worked.  Thanks IgorT!