I am not able to see in Turbotax the donations that ItsDeductable said it transferred to TurboTax. How do I get this information visible in TurboTax?
It depends on the amount of donations that were reported. Assuming the amount exceeds $500, the totals would be reported on Form 8283. Once the program is paid for, you could see Form 8283 by going to the Print Center and scrolling through the PDF to Form 8283.
To do this in TurboTax, follow these steps:
- From the left menu, select Tax Tools
- Print Center
- Click Print, save or preview this year's return
- Mark the boxes for the returns you want to download
- Follow through the rest of the prompts based on how much detail you want to save for your PDF.
- When the PDF opens, there is another area in the top corner of this window to select download or print.
However, if TurboTax calculates that you receive a better tax position taking the standard deduction, then Form 8283 would not be necessary for filing the tax return.
For more details:
Thank you. Between the time I posted the problem and your positing your response, I tried to transfer the ItsDeductable data again and it worked this this time. Thank you again for your effort.