rer7755

Inheriting my parent's home in May 2019 and I paid the taxes on this property can I claim this too! I also have my own home too!

i can claim both homes taxes if i own them?

ReginaM

Yes, you can claim the taxes paid on your second home on your 1040 Schedule A only if you did not use it for business and assessed uniformly at a like rate on all real property throughout the community and the proceeds are used for general community or governmental purposes.  Here are the instructions for itemized deductions, IRS Form 1040 Schedule A should you have additional questions on what you can deduct.

ReginaM