Independent Contractor located in US but paid by foreign company, QBI qualification?

I am an independent contractor. The company that manages my contracts and ultimately pays my salary is based in the UK. They provide no tax forms. I pay estimated taxes quarterly and file a schedule C.

Since I am US-based, and my salary is not considered income based on the definitions provided (no w2 or wages automatically withheld, and not providing services to a company I previously worked for), do I qualify for the Qualified Business Income deduction?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveF1006

Since you are self-employed and all of your income is earned in the US, you qualify for QBI regardless who handles your contracts.

@monniewolf

ee-ea

Thank you, I already reviewed the online IRS documentation before I posted. It does not directly address my question. At least not in a way that I am confident that I qualify.

It just states the "business" needs to be in the US. I assume the "business" is me since I am the contractor, but a foreign contracting firm manages my contract for me and is ultimately the one that sends me payment via a foreign bank.

DaveF1006

@monniewolf

Thank you. It may seem clear to others, but I did not want to risk making a mistake