• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golfm02

In a previous year, I failed to tell my caseworker that I was back to work. May I deduct this expense off my taxes and how?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SweetieJean
Level 15

In a previous year, I failed to tell my caseworker that I was back to work. May I deduct this expense off my taxes and how?

Since you did not claim it as income, you cannot claim the repayment.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marketstar
Level 7

What expense are you referring to?
SweetieJean
Level 15

Did you have to pay money back to some govt agency?
golfm0202

Sorry. It's a repayment from a few years ago. I don't know why I put expense. Yes, I paid the money back to the Commonwealth of my state office of inspector general. It was a Medicare repayment
golfm0202

The main chunk of it will be paid back in 2018, that's why I want to find out if I'm able to deduct it next year too.
SweetieJean
Level 15

Please clarify. Medicare is Federal, not State. Do you mean Medicaid (MassHealth)??
golfm0202

Yes. Sorry. You are right. It was Medicaid. I really appreciate all your help.
golfm0202

So, how may I deduct Medicaid payments on taxes if at all?
golfm0202

oh. nevermind. sorry. I saw the answer. thank you!
SweetieJean
Level 15

Since you did not claim it as income, you cannot claim the repayment.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v