turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ckjones38

We have no mortgage credit certificate but TurboTax insists that I must enter the credit interest rate on line 2 of form 8396. How do I determine this rate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

We have no mortgage credit certificate but TurboTax insists that I must enter the credit interest rate on line 2 of form 8396. How do I determine this rate?

If you do not have a Mortgage Interest Credit Certificate, you can delete this information from TurboTax by taking the following steps: 

1.) Federal

2.) Deductions and Credits

3.) Scroll down to Your Home

4.) Click Revisit next to Mortgage Interest Credit Certificate

Click through until you see a screen that says We need more info for your mortgage credit certificate. Click the trash can icon to delete this information if it is unnecessary. This should correct the error message that you are seeing regarding this entry.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ChristieB

If you do not have a Mortgage Interest Credit Certificate, you can delete this information from TurboTax by taking the following steps: 

1.) Federal

2.) Deductions and Credits

3.) Scroll down to Your Home

4.) Click Revisit next to Mortgage Interest Credit Certificate

Click through until you see a screen that says We need more info for your mortgage credit certificate. Click the trash can icon to delete this information if it is unnecessary. This should correct the error message that you are seeing regarding this entry.

Hi,

I face the same issue but I can't find "trash can icon" on your path. Could you please advise another way?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you need to delete a form or worksheet, please see the below TurboTax Help Articles:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

@newsy0902

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Appreciate for the advise!! Problem resolved!!

LARS48

I do not have a Mortgage Interst Credit Certificate and I have entered "No" in that section.  TurboTax kept wanting to check on a couple more details and presented the form again several more times.  I got all the way to e-file both Federal and State, paid for the state e-file, and was a click away, then this came back again and I am unable to efile.

I have tried the suggestion in this post string, but am not seeing "Revist" as an option, and no place to put a form in the trash.

LARS48

For download/CD instructions these were the best and worked for me--
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-forms/delete-tax-form-turbotax-cd-do...

But the bug in 2022 TurboTax that necessitated this was quite irritating and time-consuming to resolve

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies