turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I pull in donation information from Its deductible?

How do you transfer donation information into turbotax from its deductible?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How do I pull in donation information from Its deductible?

If you are using online Turbotax (Deluxe or higher), here are 4 ways you can get to the interview screen to import from ItsDeductible.  See which one works for you.

While all 4 methods work for me, I tend to favor Method 3, since it shows the list of all topics as you enter the search term.   The 2 "jump methods" are more picky and have to be done exactly right.

Method 1:

• When the return is open and past the blue-green screen, click in the top right corner on SEARCH.
  • In the search box, enter the term itsdeductible ( one word, without quotes) and then click the magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).  (see screen image 1)
  • Then click the “Jump to itsdeductible” link in the search results. 
  • Answer Yes to Did you make any donations to charity in 2017? 
  • The next screen will ask if you have an ItsDeductible account.  Answer Yes.
  • Follow the instructions and import your donations.

Method 2:

Same as first method above, but in the Search box enter donations (without quotes), and then click the magnifying glass icon (do not choose anything in the dropdown menu or it might not work).  Then click "Jump to donations."  (screen image 2). 

Method 3:

• With the return open and past the blue-green screen, click in the left menu column on Tax Tools, then choose TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window choose Topic Search.  (see screen image 3)
  • Enter the word itsdeductible without quotes, highlight the selection, and click GO.
  • Next screen asks:   "Did you make any donations to charity in 2017?"
  • When you say "yes", the next screen is:  "Do you have an account with ItsDeductible Online?"
  • Say "yes" and continue the interview.
Fourth method (screen image 4) :

Using regular navigation go to Federal Taxes tab, then the Deductions & Credits section.  Scroll down and look for a link that says "All Tax Breaks".  Click that to expand, then you will see all deduction topics and subtopics.  (see screen image 4).   Or you may encounter a button that says "Jump to full list" that will take you to "All Tax Breaks."  Or you may see a link "Skip to see all tax breaks" that will take you to the full list.

NOTE:  If you are using the navigation method and try other navigation routes, you may not see the ItsDeductible option in that Donations section.  So whether or not you see it displayed like the 4th screen image will depend on your navigation route to get to that category.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies