turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot find this in any IRS pub, can someone please reply the exact publication and paragraph where it states costco or sams club membership dues can be deducted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I cannot find this in any IRS pub, can someone please reply the exact publication and paragraph where it states costco or sams club membership dues can be deducted?

If these are for personal use, there is no pub or paragraph as the dues are not deductible.  They are a nondeductible personal expense.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

If these are for personal use, there is no pub or paragraph as the dues are not deductible.  They are a nondeductible personal expense.

it's for business on the schedule c

tt and this site state you can, but i cannot find it in any irs pub
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

You won't find it in any pub.  Rather the statute states you can deduct ordinary and necessary business expenses.  If all of your purchases are business, then the fee would be an ordinary and necessary business expense.  The statute is 26 USC 162

thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies