ACD

If I worked outside the US for a US employer, how does this impact my tax return?

I’m a UK citizen working in the US on an L1 visa. I spent 28 days in the UK in 2015, 2 weeks of which I was working in my US company’s UK office.  Does this have an impact on the foreign earned income section of my return?

DS30

No because you are only allowed a foreign earned income exclusion if you meet the  Bona Fide Residence Test. In general, U.S. citizens or resident who are physically present in a foreign country or countries for at least 330 full days during any period of 12-consecutive months meet this exclusion.

You would be able to take a Foreign Tax Credit for any foreign taxes that you paid to the UK on your US tax return.

DS30