bumaque

If I was only able to deduct $3K of the $10K of my medical expenses on Schedule A, can I now get $7K reimbursed from my HSA?

DeniseF1

Yes, if you paid out of pocket for qualified medical expenses and none of the $7,000 in expenses were reported on Form 1099-SA (funds in your Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for health care expenses) or already reimbursed to you may be reimbursed via your HSA.  

Please Note: The IRS won't let you deduct medical expenses paid through your HSA as the money in those accounts are already tax-free and deducting them again would be "double-dipping."

DeniseF1