rittspc

If I used my home office part of the year for a W2 job and was laid off, then used my office for freelance work, do I enter home office use twice with diff. start dates?

WillK

Unfortunately, the new tax law eliminated the unreimbursed employee expenses deduction, which means you no longer can deduct your home office on form 2106 as a W-2 employee. You can deduct your home office for the time you used it for your freelance work. Turbo Tax Self-Employed will walk you through how to report that, along with your other business and personal tax information. 

WillK