turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I operated a family owned vehicle for uber and having my name under insurance, Where do I enter expenses for mileage (gas), repair, cell, etc.. without depreciation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AlanT
Expert Alumni

If I operated a family owned vehicle for uber and having my name under insurance, Where do I enter expenses for mileage (gas), repair, cell, etc.. without depreciation.

Uber income and expenses are reported on Schedule C.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I know but where do I enter vehicle expenses if i didnt technically own the vehicle as it was owned by my parents.
AlanT
Expert Alumni

You cannot deduct mileage, however, you can deduct the actual out of pocket vehicle expenses, such as gas, oil, tires, maintenance and repairs prorated for business miles.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Understood. These deductions would go under “Business - Common Expenses” instead of “Vehicle Expenses” (as i didnt own vehicle) correct?
Manage cookies