pammeshelman

If I only earned 14088.75 in wages why don't I quilify for Calfornia's earned income tax credit

maglib

For the 2017 tax year, this credit is available to California households with adjusted gross incomes of up to $15,008 if there are no qualifying children, up to $22,322 if there is one qualifying child, up to $22,309 if there are two qualifying children, and up to $22,302 if there are three or more qualifying children.

You qualify for Cal EITC for the 2017 tax year if:

• You have wages, self-employment income and adjusted gross income within certain limits, AND
  • You, your spouse, and any qualifying children each have a Social Security Number issued by the Social Security Administration that is valid for employment, AND
  • You do not use the “married/RDP filing separately” filing status, AND
  • You lived in California for more than half the tax year.

four IRS forms that reflect AGI, each of which shows the amount on a different line:

After reviewing the above, do you still think you are eligible?  Do note a credit is only to the extent you have a tax liability....

**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post

maglib