Solved: If i have to carry safety gear and tools in my car in case i get called out to work outside of or even instead of my regular schedule - can i claim mileage?

If i have to carry safety gear and tools in my car in case i get called out to work outside of or even instead of my regular schedule - can i claim mileage?

If you are a W-2 employee then job-related expenses are not deductible under the new tax law.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482394-how-will-tax-reform-affect-my-2018-federal-tax-return

thank you -  I definitely got a W2.

Sorry--this part of the new law is coming as an unpleasant surprise to lots of people.