• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephnaughton

If I entered into an agreement to purchase a new home in 2019, but won't close or take possession of the home until April 2020, how do I address this in our 2019 taxes?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
VolvoGirl
Level 15

If I entered into an agreement to purchase a new home in 2019, but won't close or take possession of the home until April 2020, how do I address this in our 2019 taxes?

Buying a house doesn't go on your tax return.  If you pay mortgage interest and property tax it may be deductible.  You will get a 1098 at the end of the year for mortgage interest.  So probably not until next year for your 2020 return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15

Buying a house doesn't go on your tax return.  If you pay mortgage interest and property tax it may be deductible.  You will get a 1098 at the end of the year for mortgage interest.  So probably not until next year for your 2020 return.

View solution in original post

josephnaughton

Thank You Much!

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v