Solved: If I donated a car in December but don't have the paperwork to include in my tax filing, may I submit the donation for next year's taxes?

If I donated a car in December but don't have the paperwork to include in my tax filing, may I submit the donation for next year's taxes?

Unfortunately No. If you donated the car in 2016, you will only be able to claim the deduction on your 2016 tax return.

If you don't have the correct paperwork, you can either file an extension or file your return and then file an amended return once you have all the proper paperwork.