turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kjzlane

If gain on sale of my home was less than $250K, is there any point or additional gain to my return to still enter all the home improvements dating back over decade?

TurboTax determined my gain was under the 250K and I met all qualifications to not be taxed on gain EVEN BEFORE I attempted to enter any home improvements. There was a major home/kitchen removation in 2007 and then all the home improvements to prepare for sale. I have most collected but some particularly from 2007 would take significant time to find. Is there any point in my doing this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM

If gain on sale of my home was less than $250K, is there any point or additional gain to my return to still enter all the home improvements dating back over decade?

No, there's no point.  If you've already gone thru the entry process and the entire gain is being excluded, then reducing the gain achieves nothing.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ThomasM

No, there's no point.  If you've already gone thru the entry process and the entire gain is being excluded, then reducing the gain achieves nothing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies