1959denise

I would like to know which filed to add in a job related conference I attend in the 2016 tax season.

PatriciaV

Yes, the cost of a conference for your job is entered under Employee Expenses and is reported on Form 2106 with your tax return.

The easiest way to find this section of TurboTax is to use the Search box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Click on the magnifying glass, type in "2106", hit Enter, and click on "jump to 2106" to go directly to beginning of this topic.

Or go to My Account >> Tools >> Topic Search. Type in "2106", then click the topic in the list to go directly to the start of this section.

You may enter your conference cost after the other expense categories on the page titled "Job-Related Expenses" using a custom description.

Travel expenses (if any) are deductible for the business portion of your trip.

Also, any costs that were reimbursed by your employer are not deductible.

PatriciaV