Solved: I worked and lived abroad in 2019 (for 265 days) a...

I worked and lived abroad in 2019 (for 265 days) and earned around 13000 gross. I paid taxes there (NZ). When asked how much I earned do I put gross or after foreign tax?

Put the gross amount that you earned in New Zealand, in U.S. dollar equivalent.  You will later enter the amount of taxes that you paid (in the same, USD equivalent) for credit for those taxes paid.  

Thank you, that helps!

However, on that section later on, I do not see the option of filling in taxes I paid abroad. Only federal/state/local which apply to the US. Where can I state the taxes I paid in order to get credit for them?

Thanks again,

Alici

Follow these steps to enter the taxes that you paid to New Zealand on your income:

1. Click on Deductions & Credits in the center or across the top of the TurboTax menu.
  2. Click on Show more beside Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  3. Click Start (or Revisit) beside Foreign Tax Credit
  4. Follow the prompts here (note that this section doesn't allow you to enter the taxes paid until after the income is entered, and designated as foreign earned income - this is best done in the section Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion  under Less Common Income- just tell the program here "I know that I don't qualify for the exclusion" after you enter the income).