abhishekspradhan

I was in the USA on a L1B visa starting Sept 2016, I lost my job in Sept 2018 & had to move back to my home country in Oct 2018. Do I need to file taxes in 2020?

I wasn’t employed from October 2018 to October 2019. I’ve filed taxes for my employment in 2018 in the US. Do I still need to file taxes for this year given I’m overseas and have been so for close to 18 months now?

LinaJ2020

If you are not a US citizen or a green card holder, you do not need to file taxes for the year 2019 or 2020.  Your last year's residency ends in 2018.  

@abhishekspradhan

LinaJ2020

@abhishekspradhan

abhishekspradhan

Thank you Lina. This helps.

KarenJ2

If you did not earn any US source income in 2019, then you have no filing requirement unless you are a US citizen or green card holder.  Thank you for asking.