Solved: I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 and obviously have a ton of medical expenses. Do I put everything down, even if the majority was covered by my insurance?

Kmay

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016 and obviously have a ton of medical expenses. Do I put everything down, even if the majority was covered by my insurance?

You will only enter the medical bills you actually  paid out of pocket during the 2016 tax year ... do NOT include expenses paid by the insurance or any bills still outstanding. 

Kmay

Thank you so much!! So helpful.
rjs

No. Enter only what you paid yourself. Do not enter expenses that were paid by insurance.

Kmay

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate it.