turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

karissayo

I want to e-file but it won't let me because I don't have my second childcare provider's SSN. It won't let me delete the second childcare provider.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KaseyD

I want to e-file but it won't let me because I don't have my second childcare provider's SSN. It won't let me delete the second childcare provider.

To resolve:

1. While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) and then click the "Jump to" link in your search results.
  2. At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2015? screen, answer Yes. (Even though it doesn't make sense.)
  3. Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes. Click Continue.
  4. In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools and then select Delete a Form from the options listed.
  5. Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
  6. Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted. Click Continue.
  7. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure 2441 no longer appears on the list.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
karissayo

Will a Turbotax rep please call or email me directly? This is super frustrating and I'm going to have to do my taxes on another site.
KaseyD

To resolve:

1. While signed in to your return, search for child care credit (use this exact term) and then click the "Jump to" link in your search results.
  2. At the Did you pay for child or dependent care in 2015? screen, answer Yes. (Even though it doesn't make sense.)
  3. Continue to the Whose care did you pay for? screen and uncheck all boxes. Click Continue.
  4. In the upper right corner, click My Account > Tools and then select Delete a Form from the options listed.
  5. Scroll down the list of forms and click Delete next to 2441.
  6. Click Delete Form to confirm. You should see the message Form Successfully Deleted. Click Continue.
  7. Back at the Review Form List screen, scroll down to make sure 2441 no longer appears on the list.

karissayo

I followed all the steps and it still stops me at the end because it wants me to enter all the info for childcare provider #2 (the one I am trying to delete). It populates $1000 next to provider 2 which is the original amount I entered, but it won't let me file. This is a terrible glitch.
KaseyD

You may need to try to delete both providers and start with the new information.Doing this should reset where you only have one childcare provider listed .If this still does not work out for you please reach back out so I can further assist you.Thank you.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing

Related Content

Manage cookies