Solved: I suffered a stillbirth in Oct of 2018, how do I add that in my return? And will I have to add him on all future tax returns?

I suffered a stillbirth in Oct of 2018, how do I add that in my return? And will I have to add him on all future tax returns?

I’m sorry for your loss.  A child can only be claimed as a dependent if they are born alive.  If they are born alive and die in the same year, they can be a dependent for that year.  You would need a birth certificate or medical records showing the child was born alive, at least briefly.  

You can only add a child as a dependent on a tax return if they were born alive.

Thank you

Thank You