May 31, 2019 10:02 PM
To enter job-related expenses:
- Continue your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.)
- Click Tax Tools (lower left side of your screen).
- Select Tools.
- In the pop-up window, select Topic Search.
- In the I'm looking for: box, type 2106.
- In the results box, highlight 2106, then click GO.
- You'll be prompted to Tell us about the occupation you have expenses for. Enter your occupation (for example, registered nurse) then click Continue. (Click the 1st screenshot below to enlarge it for reference.)
- Continue answering the questions in this section. If something doesn't apply to your situation, you'll answer no and/or click Continue.
- When you get to the Job-Related Expenses page, you'll be able to enter descriptions and costs for the items you used for your job. When finished entering this information, click Continue. (Click the 2nd screenshot below for reference.)
- Answer the other questions asked about your job expenses. When you are finished with this section, TurboTax will display the Job-Related Expenses Summary. (Click the 3rd screenshot below for reference.)
Note: If using the TurboTax CD/Download software, you'll use the Find function and the "Jump to" link (instead of "Tax Tools") to search for the topic.
[Edited 03.23.2018 I 07:53AM PDT]