I started my sole-proprietorship real estate llc(buy & sell property) in Dec 2018, but had no activity at all - do i have to file anything for this with my tax returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Coleen3

No. If you elect to be taxed as a Sole Proprietorship as opposed to as a Corporation, you don't need to do anything.

Thanks Coleen! I can understand not filing SCH E.. But dont i have to file a zero income/expense SCH C either? Wouldn't IRS expect some filing for my LLC(even though it is a no activity LLC)?
Coleen3

No. That's only for Corp, Partnerships. An LLC is a disregarded entity.
A disregarded entity refers to a business entity with one owner that is not recognized for tax purposes as an entity separate from its owner. A single-member LLC ( “SMLLC”), for example, is considered to be a disregarded entity.